Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Is There a Chef in the House???

I mentioned in my last post that we were having a family tree trimming party on Saturday. For us, this means pulling out the stops, making a finger food feast, and nibbling, caroling, decorating, and watching movies late into the evening. This year, Chris and I had an all day Herbalife training before our family party. We learn in Herbalife that everything is "No Problem." With my daughter Kira in the house, that was absolutely true!

Chris and I bought in bags and bags of supplies, and Friday night, Kira and I made a list of all of the things she was going to make for our feast. The list goes as follows:
There were only a few things that were more elaborate than slicing, dicing, or arranging on a tray, but what REALLY impressed me were Kira's hors d'oeuvres. She made both conventional and gluten free versions. Her ingredient list included crackers, neufchatel cheese, green and black olives, mini sweet peppers, and smoked oysters.

I suppose a little background is in order. Kira is a 15 year old budding chef. She's one of the youngest students in our district to make it into the culinary arts program offered for future chefs and restaurant managers. She even takes extra night classes one night a week and works in the district's student restaurant another night. Pretty dedicated, eh?

Chris and I came home from our training starving, but our oldest wasn't going to be able to join us for a couple more hours. I think we drove Kira to distraction snitching from her trays. As soon as the oldest walked in the door, the holiday music went on, the plates were passed, and the party started for real. Kira can cater our parties ANY TIME!












No comments:

Post a Comment